Get to know me and how I can support your ideal birth!
As your Postpartum Doula and Newborn Care Specialist, I provide:
- One 1-Hour virtual prenatal session to assess your needs and desires for postpartum as well as well as establish your postpartum plan
- Assistance to help you clarify preferences for postpartum and explain options available to you
- Exclusive access to my online portal with enormous amount of information specialized for your special recovery period and information on the newborn stage to prepare you for the 4th trimester
- Teaching you a daily routine of Ayurveda self-care (dinacharya) including basic yogic-breathing exercises to decrease tension and stress (pranayama) as well as how to both self-massage (abhyanga) and womb massage to speed healing, guiding you to create a habit so you can carve out necessary “you” time which will later become modeling for your little one as well as a bonding ritual when your baby is an older infant, toddler, and beyond.
- 1 optional 30-minute virtual postpartum session to celebrate the birth of your baby and answer any immediate questions following childbirth
- 6 virtual coaching sessions (six Newborn Consultations) to be used within the first 6 weeks postpartum
- Nonjudgmental emotional support, listening and helping to process the birth story of both parents. Research shows that moms, dads, and babies have an easier time with this transition if a good support team is in place.
- Supports the partner for the emotional adjustment to parenthood in their new role and their transition in their relationship with their partner. It’s a fact that Dads, or the non-birthing parent, who have doulas learn skills earlier and are more able to take on the care of their infant alone earlier.
Contact me for a video call interview so you can get to know me and see if we are a good fit.
Compare Virtual Packages
After we both decide to work together through a free online consultation, you’ll pay electronically and sign an online agreement. I will grant you membership to my HIPAA-compliant online portal where you’ll get exclusive access to everything childbirth! We will then schedule our virtual prenatal session.
Free ACH bank transfers are preferred through my website’s shopping cart. You may also pay via Stripe, Zelle, or Venmo (@HeartisticFamilies). Cash and cashier’s checks are also acceptable. Receipts and a Superbill will be provided with my National Provider Identifier and Doula medical codes for possible insurance reimbursement.
Holistic Postpartum Support
Further training through Hypnobabies as a Childbirth Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula deepened my awareness of how powerful the mind is and the very positive outcomes or very negative blockages it can create, especially its impact on the woman’s mind during pregnancy and while birthing. It led me to understanding an essential and holistic viewpoint of childbirth, and my clients who use Hypnobabies often have shorter and easier labors, which led me to discounting my Birth Doula rates for parents intending to use Hypnobabies since it decreases my work!
Moreover, I understood how nurturing mental health and calming the nervous system in the postpartum period was vital to healing the mother and her bonding with her baby while training as an Ayurvedic Postpartum Doula. Ayurveda can provide new mothers to look within for that state of deep alignment necessary to thrive as a mother in today’s world. Our natural state of health is the birthright of every mother and when a mother thrives in this world – so does her family. My support, as your Ayurvedic Postpartum Doula, guides both Mother and Baby during the first 6 weeks Postpartum, with the unique emphasis specialty in Ayurveda.
Postpartum Doulas play a critical role for a new mother during the first 6-8 weeks after Baby’s arrival. The role that used to be held by a mother’s village and community, guiding her back to balance while the new mother cares for her new baby and her own healing after birth. With extended families now living apart from one another, the role that used to be held by her auntie, sister, or her own mother is now held by a lay-person or trained professional who can mother the mother at the bedside. This gently guides them back to balance while the new mother is caring for her newborn and healing from birth.
Going through your long pregnancy journey to the path of childbirth takes a toll on the body. In America, there is so much emphasis on “getting your body back” and to “bounce back”. Having a Postpartum Doula is not a luxury; it is really essential especially if you don’t have a village at home. The time during postpartum is so particular; what you do now for your recovery during the first 42 days after childbirth influences how your body will heal and live for another forty years. Taking your rest and health seriously is really important for your future health.
In our commercialized society, much of postpartum is focused on Baby – after all, you have been preparing over nine months for this child you already love so much to be born, and there have only been pieces of the puzzle to who this Baby is which have presented themselves ever so slightly during pregnancy. Much research has shown than the baby is an extension of the mother, and my role as a Doula is to ensure you are getting the tools and support you need emotionally, physically, and educationally to heal through this period so you can efficiently and happily support your growing family in your new role as a mother.
Time is a huge factor in learning the personality of your baby and through all the excitement, sometimes new mothers forget to care for their own bodies. You are changing so much physically with your hormones and now this new milk production and trying to care for Baby and understand how to console and feed your baby and do everything “right” – but we also need to focus on the mother-baby dyad.
Your energy transfers to your baby and it can easily be forgotten to “take care of you”; addressing your needs is so important for your healing, physically, emotionally, and mentally during this fourth trimester. Through this focus on the Ayurvedic Pillars of Care (nourishment, yogic-breathing and meditation, bodywork for you and your Little One, and rest) we can set you up with a great foundation for the rest of your life and throughout motherhood.